Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some days, it takes forever to get anywhere.

I spent a good deal of time this morning reading a blog denouncing Spore (a video game based around the concepts of evolution) in favor of intelligent design. In my head, I was halfway through writing an email response before I remembered this very blog. So I started to revive my blog, all the while still forming this response. It was going to be great. I was going to point out the logical flaws in their arguments, point out possible reasons why evolution could be in fact, intelligent design. Most of all, I was going to be polite, nice, and honest. I figured that, after taking half a glance at the comments in the blog itself, that someone should enter the argument on Spore's side who's not making themselves look like a hooting dickhead.

Then I saw her defend herself and viciously attack Will Wright in a single hour. Her focus had changed from warning people about something she didn't like to practically call herself a martyr.

I'm not going to bother with an essay or arguments with her, because she's no longer on the playing field she was when she started, but I am.

All that being said, I still have half an essay done in my head. I'm going to finish it, and post it here. But it now for me to display my views on Intelligent design, Evolution, God, and maybe something else. But I don't need to tell hatemongers my opinions, especially when they don't listen anyway.

No comments: